|Mickey Rooney (1920-2014)|
MGM's boy wonder left this world on April 6th, 2014 at the age of 93. He was a lifelong entertainer, and we are forever grateful for him and his contributions to the film industry. However, he was a a notoriously salty old guy and a mackdaddy to boot. And with that, my friends, the internet found Andy Hardy. Seriously, Twitter exploded with gems last night. Here are my top ten favorite social media comments on Mickey Rooney, in no particular order. If you made the list, you just pat yourself on the back right now. Because I'm still laughing.
- "Mickey Rooney?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! He was so young and in his prime. Why God, why?!" - Kathy Shields Collier
- "I guess this means no more Andy Hardy movies?" - I don't even know
- "Mickey Rooney got all the best babes despite being short as hell. #RIP beautiful man" - Lena Dunham
- "What's going on? Why did that angel just give me a harp? Where am I?" - @notmickeyrooney
- "I met Mickey Rooney in 2009. Me: You look great! Mickey (growling): Why shouldn't I? Me: Because you're 89. Mickey: Oh, right. #RIP" - @willmckinley
- "NATALIE WOOD WOULD BE LIKE 75 IF SHE WERE ALIVE I MEAN PRACTICALLY A TEENAGER" - @hollygolightly
- "Somewhere up in heaven, Ava Gardner turned to Lana Turner and said, 'Fachrissake, he's back'." - @cruellatrix
- "Meanwhile, Olivia's in Paris drinking holy water or something" - @tishxogomez
- "Mickey totally just showed up in Hell and Bette just yelled, 'HEY BITCHES, YOUR LOVER IS HERE.' And Lana and Ava just rolled their eyes." - @kweencarly
- "MICKEY BEAT SHIRLEY TEMPLE YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS MARGARET O'BRIEN IS PROBABLY THE LAST MGM CHILD STAR IN THE GAME TOOTIE SMITH 4 LIFE" - @darling_liz
*Note: This is in no way intended to disrespect the formidable Mr. Rooney. Bless his heart.