Wednesday, December 26, 2012

An introduction.

Over the years, I have had a countless number of blogs that I have failed to keep up with.  This is a shame, although very typical of my personality.  I get the oddest inspirations at the oddest times and then fail to follow through with them.  As of late, however, I have realized that I have a lot of thoughts about classic movies.  A lot.  I always have, ever since I started really getting into this madness at the tender age of fourteen.  (We can all blame Oklahoma!, White Christmas, and Singin' in the Rain.) So why not write about them? I'm part of an awesome Twitter community called #TCMParty (@TCM_Party) which, incidentally, you should follow if you want to hear people make hilarious commentary about all of the old movies that are near and dear to your heart.  I follow several blogs of those folks, and have finally broken down to create my own.  My ultimate goals: to add fuel to the fire of your love for classic movies (no, seriously, I will brainwash you) and to make you laugh (think of me as the Carol Burnett of the classic film community ... whatever that means).  I hope you'll enjoy your browsing here and check back every so often.  Hopefully, there will at least be some pretty pictures for you to look at. 

Cheers!

Coming soon ... random thoughts about On the Town (1949).  Starting with the fact that I'm pretty sure Ann Miller dug that make-up look so much she kept it for the rest of her life.  Sugar Babies, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment